Quick Query Form
A fairly high percentage of the housing stock in major urban areas in Ireland is in excess of 100 years old. Financial Institutions automatically require a detailed house survey or structural survey in the case of all such properties. As well as being a requirement towards gaining mortgage approval, our period property surveys will fully informed you, the Purchaser, as to the condition of the property.
In our experience, clients underestimate the works required to renovate older properties to the required standard to a very high degree which is why a Chartered Building Surveyor with experience in this niche area of surveying is essential.
Kelleher & Associates hold specific qualifications and have considerable experience in the conservation and repair of period buildings making us your ideal partner to undertake inspections of period properties. Our structural surveys provide detailed and practical advice on the appropriate repairs needed to address common issues affecting period properties such as:
- Appropriate repairs to address rising and penetrating damp
- Appropriate remedial works to address and stabilise structural movement affecting internal and external walls
- Appropriate techniques to repair damage to period timbers affected by rot or wood boring insect damage
- Repairs to overhaul historic windows
- Considering the limitation of a visual survey, appropriate further investigation
- Appropriate repairs to overhaul period roof structures
Specialist Drone Technology
Kelleher & Associates use drone technology to conduct detailed roof and chimney inspections providing our Clients with the most comprehensive reports on the condition of even the most inaccessible parts of a building.
A specific section of our report deals provides advice on whether the property you are purchasing is in an Architectural Conservation Area or is a Protected Structure.
Conservation Reports are an essential requirement in advance of planned works to Protected Structures. Such reports typically contain the following information:
- Historical background of property and area
- Architectural record and inventory
- Statement of significance
- Condition report
- Conservation specification
Sample Defects Encountered in Period Properties
We provide Conservation Services in Dublin, Galway, Limerick, and surrounding counties. To book your Certificate of Compliance survey simply fill in the quick query form or call us in Dublin on 01 6856935 or Galway on 091-399935.