As part of our pre-purchase surveys, inaccessible flat roofs can be inspected by drone to confirm their condition. The condition of modern roof membranes and more tradition torch on felts can be appraised in considerable detail helping the building surveyor to diagnose building defects. Such drone inspections help to:
- Identify damaged flat roof surfaces and areas where water may be ponding.
- Inspect parapet flashings and rainwater outlets
- Using a drone mounted thermal camera, identify where water may be trapped between substrates and membranes
- Take high quality photographs and 4K videos for insurance purposes
- Inspect solar panels for damage.
The attached image identified a potential problem with water ponding.